1. The feeling of isolation. It was dark on our street. It was dark going down to the laundry (in fact, we did the occasional load of evening laundry with a headlamp on). If we went out to dinner, walking to a restaurant provided either very limited choices or a long, somewhat creepy walk.
2. The lack of space. 600 sq ft apartment; 1048 sq ft condo. Not much of a decision!
3. Confirming our address. Yes, we're the Woodards on Woodward. It's spelled s-a-u-s-a-l-i-t-o, like the cookie.
4. Driving over the Golden Gate Bridge nearly every day. First, it's $4 per round trip. Second, it's a big red barrier to getting many friends to come out with us. Third, it takes a while, especially navigating around the slow moving tourists.
5. Coin-op laundry. Need I say more?