Thursday, March 4, 2010

My name is Claire and I'm a slingaholic

Claire is a very curious baby. She wants to take it all in and refuses to close her eyes unless heavily persuaded. She just doesn't want to miss anything. Matt has his effective ways to get her to relax and drift to sleep but his method doesn't work for me. I have one just-shy-of-sure-fire way to get Claire to sleep: put her in the swing and walk around. The best bet is to walk down the stairs (Sunapee appreciates this as otherwise I don't have a chance to take him out). On nice days, I have taken the opportunity to get some sun and fresh air and I walk circles on the back deck. After 20-30 minutes, I can usually transfer her to her bassinet without awakening her. However, I'm not often daring enough to take her OUT of the sling first.

2 comments:

  1. My sister-in-law comically referred to this condition as FOMS (fear of missing something). Both Aileen and Jack had it. : ) Keep the pictures coming...they're awesome! Do you have any of G&G Woodard with Claire? Love, Sim

    ReplyDelete
  2. FOMS describes it perfectly! I do have some with Mana & Papa but need to get them off the "real" camera - these are all iPhone snapshots which are almost too easy to share and post!

    ReplyDelete