Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Exploding Stove

So, the stove exploded tonight. I was in the middle of making one of my favorite chicken & pasta dishes when I turned around to go to the sink and saw the brightest flash of light and an incredibly loud popping noise. This noise was immediately followed by what I imagine was a blood-curdling scream as I spun around to see some flames on the stove. Matt comes running, thinking I was electrocuted, yelling "SUSAN!" until I came to my senses and realized I should notify him of my safety.

So, in addition to the other noises, the smoke alarm of course starts beeping as Matt & I assess the situation. The flames went out pretty much on their own and eventually my heart beat slowed.

If only we had a landlord to call to get it fixed! Definitely a downside to buying a home.

The real issue was, what will I eat for dinner? What will we eat from now until the new kitchen? Basically, for the forseeable future, we'll enjoy salads and/or microwavable meals. On the other hand, isn't this why we have a slow cooker?

No comments:

Post a Comment